1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important announcement regarding BreachLAN #37 & BreachLAN #38

Discussion in 'News' started by Castiana, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Castiana

Castiana Soon™

Hi folks.

As you know we like to announce our LAN dates a year in advance as it helps everyone plan ahead and book days off work to attend the LAN's you want.

While looking at our plans for next year it seems that a few other organizations have scheduled BYOC LAN events on the same weekends as BreachLAN. Insomnia Scotland is during BreachLAN #37 and a Gamecon (4TheGamers) during BreachLAN #38.

The Staff been discussing whether to change our dates or if we should stick with our plans and run as advertised. The split was 50/50 between the staff.

The conclusion that we came to is that we have to ask you guys, our community.

We understand that this is difficult and we appreciate that some people have already booked time off work based on our initial announcements. We apologize if this is the case for you.

In order to give as many people as possible the chance to attend as many of the events as they want, we decided we should ask your opinion with a view to potentially changing our dates.

So please, vote, and discuss. We will be making our final decision on the 7th January based on what the community wants.

Thanks.

2. grogers126

grogers126 Sniper

my opinion is we keep our LAN dates as they are
    iseries Scotland for me is too expensive. plus if we all go we would have to do a mass booking so that we can ensure we are all next to each other and that itself is a problem especially for people who would have to save.

Gamecon is less hours than BreachLAN and yet they are charging in my opinion a lot to attend

3. themast

themast Self Proclaimed God

I did think about going to the Ievent If there are other breachlaners going.
    Gamecon I don't really care about.

4. Turbo Doozer

Turbo Doozer New Member

I'm not really interested in going to either of the other events, so happy to keep the same dates.

trkevig likes this.
  5. DictaTyr

DictaTyr Active Member

Would prefer them to stay as they are due to having them booked off.

6. coob

coob *looks disapprovingly* BreachLAN Sponsor

BreachLAN #37 has to be that weekend for me (unless its pushed later) otherwise I can't go. Not planning on going anywhere else, I series is a trek so unless a lot of others were going ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

7. Knottyboy

Knottyboy Well-Known Member

I probably won't be attending 37 although I would like to attend 38

8. Niko

Niko Active Member

I'm only planning on attending BreachLAN, so I have no desire to change the dates. That said, as long as enough notice is given I don't mind them changing if others wanted it.

9. MadmaN

MadmaN Well-Known Member

my brother got me weekend gamecon tickets so i shall be going to that... the isieres scotland sounds great to me.. i have always wanted it and its finally coming! no hours and hours of transport to get to iseries and this one is looking at good numbers.

10. trkevig

trkevig Well-Known Member

none of the weekends Breachlan plans for 2016 interfere with my racing calendar this year and although i was interested in the Iseries one when i read it clashed with BreachLAN i lost interest. Id rather go to breach than any other lan if given a choice on the same weekend. Even if the Iseries landed on a different weekend, id probably not have gone. Its a different thing going to something you know you love than going to something you dont know the people or the venue. I have a lot of trust at Breach that my stuff isnt going to get damaged or nicked despite the last event costing me £150 in a paint job to my car after certain individuals scratched their words in the very dirty boot! That was a one off after 12 lans and although has made me cautious it has not put me off returning to the lan.

In short, dates are fine for me.

11. mintR

mintR Streaming God Staff Member BreachLAN Sponsor

Stick to the same dates :)

12. gemini

gemini The Crude One Staff Member

Thank you everyone for taking part.

Thread closed. Full announcement incoming.

trkevig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.